RV Wifi is a popular option to access wireless internet in your caravanning and camping adventures. Here are some handy hints!
Some luxury New Age caravans feature RV Wifi as standard. These units are mounted within an overhead cupboard and wired to 12V.
Set Up your RV Wifi Unit
To allow your RV Wifi to access data, slide a standard size Sim Card into the base of the unit.
To allow your RV Wifi to access data, slide a standard size Sim Card into the base of the unit. Most sim cards that have a data allowance and are an Australian Provider on the 4G Mobile network will suffice.
Connect to your RV Wifi Unit
1) On the device (phone/laptop/tablet), go to: settings
2) Go to: Wi-Fi
3) Wait for RVWIFI123abc (each router will have its own unique series of numbers and letters following RV WIFI), to come up on the list of possible WIFI options
4) Click on RVWIFI123abc
5) If the device has already been connected to the RVwifi Router it will recognise it and connect automatically, however if this is the first time connecting to it, it will ask for the WIFI password
6) Type in the password ” rvwifi1234 ” – (all lower case)
7) Wait for the device to indicate that it is connected. If at this point you cannot connect, perform a factory reset.
How to do a Factory Reset
WARNING: This procedure will reset all of the settings applied to this router, back to original factory settings, and your passwords will be forgotten. Use this procedure if errors are occurring that may be related to unknown settings.
Once you have followed the steps below, please follow the User Manual to set up a new password. A downloadable version of this can be found on our website: www.rvwifi.com.au.
Please note, this does not impact any data usage or activation.
Follow these steps below to return your RV Wi-Fi router to the factory settings.
- Locate on the side of our router, the ‘Reset’ button.
- Using a pointed instrument – like a pen, depress and hold the button until the Wi-Fi button on the front of the router begins to ‘flash’ quickly.
- Release the ‘Reset’ button.
- The lights on the front of the router will all light up and after 2 minutes the unit will have ‘reset’ to factory settings
- Turn the router off and on.
Still experiencing issues?
Please get in contact with RV wifi on email@example.com